Skip to main content

Gain "Pods" and Scent Boosters Review

My mom has been picking up these sample Gain "Pods" and scent boosters (like Tide Pods / boosters, but from Gain) from Lowes.

I usually only use them when I'm running low or completely out of my normal detergent (Tide Cold Water), but have found myself to be using them more frequently because I love the fresh scent they have!

I use the scent boosters primarily with towels and bedding as the scent is awesome and lasts quite a while. I don't trust scented things with normal clothing as one of my kids has sensitive skin and I'm afraid it'll set off an allergic reaction (hasn't yet, but you never know with products these days).

We don't normally have stained clothes in our family (at least not like we used to when the kids were infants) but we do laundry nearly every day... hence why we switched to cold water. These Gain pods and boosters worked well in cold water though I'm not sure they were specifically designed for it. The first time I used the pod in cold water it didn't dissolve right away and I was worried it'd stain the clothes like the Tide ones do, but so far haven't seen any dye stains.

If they come out with a cold water version and its a decent price I'd switch to the Gain brand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Island Saver: Video Game Review (Xbox One, X/S)

Island Saver:  a great game for kids and adults alike Island Saver is an open world task-based game where you are in charge of cleaning up the island from litterbugs while saving ecosystems and learning basic economic life lessons along the way. Sounds boring right? Wrong! The game is so much fun that you will barely notice that you're actually learning as you play!  Its a quick game, I finished all three free levels to 100% within a day, so if you have a short attention span for video games (like I do with story-based games), this game is definitely for you! If you really enjoy it, you can purchase 2 additional islands from the Microsoft Store *. The first island area you land on (I wasn't really paying attention to the storyline, I'm assuming you're some sort of space ranger out to save the world from Litterbugs) teaches you the ins-and-outs of how to play the game (i.e. tutorial mode) and then as you clear trash and wash the gunk away with your Trash Blaster it unlo...

Women Freebies

Women Freebies is another collection of free contests, giveaways, coupons and more. Its geared towards Canadian women, but really anyone can cash in on the contents of this site. It seems to be updated somewhat frequently; has perks for members (weekly contests / giveaways, etc.) and utilizes Facebook as an alternative source of additional giveaways not found on the site. The site is nicely laid out with drop down navigation bars to help further define your viewing interests. All in all its one of the more handy (and active) sites I've come across as of late.

Free Stuff Finder Canada

I'm a newer user (within the past month) of this website: Free Stuff Finder: Canada , and so far its proved to be very helpful in finding the latest freebies, coupons, contests, giveaways and more. Its one of those websites that you add to your bookmarks and check it every now and again to see what's new and happening in the world of free stuff. Its updated quite frequently, at least a handful of new posts per week from what I've seen so far. They go as far as informing you of what the giveaway includes, how to access it, what you need in order to participate in it, any special info (like if you have to sign up to participate or if you can just go to the site and cash in) and even let you know when the promotion is out of stock or expired. As far as being a hub for a collection of the latest freebies, its by far one of the better sites I've come across. Its easy to use, easy to read and easy to get to the freebies, contests, coupons and giveaways of your choice.