Skip to main content

Tide Pods

I received a sample pack of Tide Pods from P&G the other day. It arrived just in time too! One of the cats pee'd on our bed comforter and it just happened to be a day that we were all out of our usual laundry detergent (we use Cold Water Tide). My main concern was I didn't want it to just mask or cover the smell (of the cat pee) but get it out as much as possible. My other concern was staining - some detergents if they don't dissolve before you add the clothes can sometimes leave stains on them. When I pulled the comforter out to put it in the dryer it had a very refreshing scent (no lingering cat pee smell) and it was stain free. So I'm very happy with the outcome of the product. I don't know if we'll switch from Cold Water to Pods, the last time I checked it wasn't economical for our family. We do 1-2 loads a day and up to 4 on bad days. With the Pods you have to use 1-2 depending on the size of the load (1 for small, 2 for large), whereas with the powdered or even liquid versions you can customize the amount used. In other words you don't always have to use the recommended amount you can "conserve" the product; with the Pods you have to use at least 1 regardless of the load. Prices for Pods are reasonable, but just not beneficial for our family to switch to. I would use Pods again, especially in a pinch or when I want my clothes to smell extra fresh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Island Saver: Video Game Review (Xbox One, X/S)

Island Saver:  a great game for kids and adults alike Island Saver is an open world task-based game where you are in charge of cleaning up the island from litterbugs while saving ecosystems and learning basic economic life lessons along the way. Sounds boring right? Wrong! The game is so much fun that you will barely notice that you're actually learning as you play!  Its a quick game, I finished all three free levels to 100% within a day, so if you have a short attention span for video games (like I do with story-based games), this game is definitely for you! If you really enjoy it, you can purchase 2 additional islands from the Microsoft Store *. The first island area you land on (I wasn't really paying attention to the storyline, I'm assuming you're some sort of space ranger out to save the world from Litterbugs) teaches you the ins-and-outs of how to play the game (i.e. tutorial mode) and then as you clear trash and wash the gunk away with your Trash Blaster it unlo...

Women Freebies

Women Freebies is another collection of free contests, giveaways, coupons and more. Its geared towards Canadian women, but really anyone can cash in on the contents of this site. It seems to be updated somewhat frequently; has perks for members (weekly contests / giveaways, etc.) and utilizes Facebook as an alternative source of additional giveaways not found on the site. The site is nicely laid out with drop down navigation bars to help further define your viewing interests. All in all its one of the more handy (and active) sites I've come across as of late.

Free Stuff Finder Canada

I'm a newer user (within the past month) of this website: Free Stuff Finder: Canada , and so far its proved to be very helpful in finding the latest freebies, coupons, contests, giveaways and more. Its one of those websites that you add to your bookmarks and check it every now and again to see what's new and happening in the world of free stuff. Its updated quite frequently, at least a handful of new posts per week from what I've seen so far. They go as far as informing you of what the giveaway includes, how to access it, what you need in order to participate in it, any special info (like if you have to sign up to participate or if you can just go to the site and cash in) and even let you know when the promotion is out of stock or expired. As far as being a hub for a collection of the latest freebies, its by far one of the better sites I've come across. Its easy to use, easy to read and easy to get to the freebies, contests, coupons and giveaways of your choice.